Object of the Month

Knapp Electric Questioner Board Game

Knapp Electric Board Game
c. 1930

The stock market crash in 1929 caused a decline in industry, employment and spending in America. Gifts for children during the difficult years that followed were often limited to oranges, nuts, candy and mittens. When Herbert Staley received this game as a boy in 1930, it was very special.

Made by the Knapp Electric Corporation, Port Chester, New York, this toy is a prelude to today’s electronic games. The toy is battery-operated and includes Morse and Continental Telegraph Codes.

Click image for a larger view