Why Give to Heritage Frederick?
Our most important partnerships are history lovers like you!
Here are some reasons YOU should support Heritage Frederick:
- We have been guardians of Frederick County history since 1892.
- Our Research Center is a treasure trove of genealogical and architectural history.
- Our Museum is a showcase of historical artifacts unique to our community.
- We offer engaging educational activities for all ages.
- We make history FUN!
Our future plans include:
- Creative exhibits
- In-house programs for adults and children
- Outreach programs to schools and retirement communities
- Special events and
- Upgrades to our Research Center
Dedicated to local history, research and education, we are a dynamic nonprofit organization that recognizes Frederick County, Maryland’s significant historical impact on our state, nation, and the world. We excel in engaging and interactive experiences that are relevant, accessible, and meaningful to all people.
Incorporated in 1911, Heritage Frederick (formerly Historical Society of Frederick County) operates the Museum of Frederick County History and the Frederick County Archives and Research Center.
The Historical Society of Frederick County, dba Heritage Frederick, is a 501(c) (3) non-profit educational organization, donations to which are deductible to the full extent of the law. Heritage Frederick’s current financial statement is available upon request. Information submitted to State of Maryland under the Charitable Solicitations Act is available from the Office of the Secretary of State for the cost of copying and postage.